The entire world is reeling under the affects of the Covid-19 and life as we know it has come to a standstill. These are days that most of the younger generation have hardly ever witnessed. While on the one hand, everyone understands the ongoing situation and how important social isolation is, on the other hand with no live sport, life has become a bit salt less and bland.
It is almost certain that after the postponement of an event of the magnitude of the Olympics, the IPL 2020 will be called off. Cricket fans around the globe will be keeping their fingers crossed that the 2020 World T20 scheduled to be held in Australia, starting October this year would carry on as per plan and the Coronavirus situation would be behind us. If the tournament indeed goes on as per plan, here are Cric Crak’s top 5 players to watch out for in the prestigious tournament.
1) Ben Stokes – Irrespective of records, come the big tournaments, one needs their champions to stand up and Ben Stokes is an absolute gun in big matches. It’s just the spirit of the New Zealand born English cricketer that sets him apart from anyone else. Be it batting, bowling or fielding Stokes will always give it his all.
2) David Warner – Ever since his return to international cricket after a forced sabbatical, David Warner has batted in white ball cricket like a man possessed and it seems that the southpaw is determined to make up for lost time everytime he goes out to bat. Warner will be one player that opposition teams will be vary of, and the Aussies would bank on.
3) Rohit Sharma – After having a superb 2019 Cricket World Cup where he scored a record breaking five tons, Rohit would be looking to repeat his heroics in the shortest format. As dangerous as they come, Rohit has the ability to turn the game on its head in a short span of time.
Also Read: Cric Crak’s Strongest Test XI To Challenge India In India
4) Mitchel Starc – The highest wicket-taker in the last two 50 over World cups, Starc is possibly the most dangerous white ball bowler. Apart from swinging the new ball at more than 150 clicks, Starc is very lethal at the death with his around the wicket reverse swinging yorkers.
5) Rashid Khan – The Afghanistani is the top ranked T20 international bowler and there is a good reason for that. His four overs are like gold dust for any team he plays for and his multiple variations at a quick speed never cease to bamboozle the batsman. It is very hard to score quickly off Rashid and one also must not underestimate his ability with the willow, lower down the order.