We have all caught wind of the talk of South African whiz AB de Villiers has indulged in playing different kind of sports while growing up, like Hockey, Rugby, Badminton, Squash, and so on, prior to turning into a world class batsman for his country.
While ADB himself has denied such sort of events happening in his childhood, this mirrors that individuals who have donning energy frequently enjoy different sports too, whether genuinely or for no particular reason. Various cricketers have shown their specialty in various games.
The following are 5 such cricketers who became famous in different games:
- Yuzvendra Chahal – Chess MasterIndian leggie, Yuzvendra Chahal is right now India’s driving T20I wicket-taker and has turned into India’s go to spinner in both white-ball formats of the sport, known for his cleverness and duplicity with the ball close by, Chahal’s quickness was seen significantly sooner when he won the National under-12 Chess Championship in Kolkata, in 2002.The Jind born leg spinner has played for India at junior levels and furthermore addressed India at Asian and World U-12 Junior Championships. Yuzvendra Chahal’s main aim was to make his career in Chess, yet absence of sponsorship turned into a snag in his way and he went to cricket.
- Elysse Perry – FootballConsidered as the best Women cricketer ever, Australia’s Elysse Perry made her worldwide presentation prior to turning 17, in July 2007. Beginning as a bowling all-rounder, Perry was the main wicket-taker for Australia in the 2010 Women’s T20 World Cup.As a teen, however, Perry played football for Matilda. Under a month subsequent to making her international debut in cricket, she showed up for Australian women’s football team too. Perry addressed Australia in the 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup and turned into the primary Australian to play in both cricket and football World Cups. As a safeguard, Perry partook in the 2008 Asian Games and scored a stunner against South Korea. She has likewise facilitated a football show called, ‘Football Stars of tomorrow”.
However at that point she was approached to pick one between the two sports and her heart followed cricket and she is right here, holding various records and a numerous time World Cup champion.
- Sir Don Bradman – SquashThe incomparable Sir Bradman is known to be someone who appreciated brandishing exercises other than cricket. Since there weren’t standard or continuous Test matches back then, Bradman, in the wake of moving to Adelaide in 1934, got involved playing in Squash.He achieved accomplishment there, as well, turning into the South Australian state Squash Champion in 1939. Other than that, he likewise played Billiards and Golf. In golf, he won the Mount Osmond Golf Club Championship in 1935 and 1949. He continued to play golf until his late 80s. The best of all, Bradman keeps on holding the infinite 99.94 Test normal, an unmatched, unchallenged record.
- Sir Viv Richards-FootballOne of the most dreaded batsmen to have strolled on this planet, Sir Vivian Richards, multiple time Cricket World Cup champion with West Indies in 1975 and 1979 additionally played football at an international level.He represented Antigua in the qualifiers of the FIFA World Cup 1974. Antigua completed at the lower part of their gathering and Sir Viv focused all his regard for cricket. Richards is figured out how to be a passionate ally of English football club Liverpool F.C.
- Jonty Rhodes – HockeyHailed as one of the best fielders on the cricket field, Jonty Rhode’s quickness on the cricket field could certify to his fondness for playing hockey before cricket. He was even essential for the South African Hockey group which didn’t fit the bill for the 1992 Olympics.Jonty got to make his Test debut sometime thereafter yet he actually didn’t abandon Hockey. He was then called up for preliminaries for the 1996 Olympics, however needed to pull out because of a hamstring injury.