5 players to watch out for in the India vs Australia test series.
Last time these two teams met it was a battle royale and if anything with the return of Smith and Warner it has the potential to be even better. The two teams are comfortably placed at the top of the World Test Championship table and whoever wins the series will be on the numero uni spot. Here are 5 players we have identified who might have a crucial role in deciding which way the battle goes.
1) Pat Cummins – Cummins is the number 1 ranked test match bowler in the world and even in India’s historic win down under two years ago, the New South Welshman stood out with his all-round performance.
2) Marnus Labuschagne – The darling of the Australian Test team and the newest sensation in world cricket, Labuschagne has had a meteoric rise in the past 12 months. He will definitely be a thorn in the Indian flesh.
3) Steve Smith – Without a shadow of doubt ‘Smudge’ is the best test batsman and there is still no team which has a clue how to get the right-hander out. Smith hit 4 centuries in India’s tour of Australia in 2014 and never looked like getting out.
4) Cheteshwar Pujara – Pujara had a Bradmanesqe tour down under and was the biggest reason of India’s series win in 2018. The Australians self-admittedly were sick of seeing the right-hander out in the middle. Australian flat conditions will suit Pujara.
5) Rohit Sharma – Another Indian batsman who will enjoy the flat and bouncy Australian conditions. Rohit Sharma is the best puller in World Cricket currently and he will be itching to prove his mettle as a test match opener outside the sub continent.
We know we have missed out on the likes of Bumrah, Warner, Kohli , Shami and Starc but this is a very subjective thing and we not only respect but also welcome every alternate opinion.
Therefore do let us know if you have a different list in mind.