5 Sachin Tendulkar records that will be hard to beat
1) Most International runs – No one derived more pleasure than Sachin Tendulkar when it came to scoring runs. He scored 34,357 runs in all formats and this is a record that looks set to stand the test of time.
2) Most Test hundreds – Virat Kohli might be closing in on the masters ODI records, but there can be no denying that there’s still a long way to go for him as far as Test numbers go. Master Blaster has 51 Test centuries, while Virat who is now on the wrong side of 30 is yet to reach even 30 centuries in whites.
3) Longest span of ODI career – In this day and age of round the year cricket, it seems unlikely that any players body will hold up for 22 years and 91 days. Yes that’s the span of the Mumbaikar’s ODI career and its improbable for anyone to catch up.
4) Most runs in World Cups – Sachin has amassed a staggering 2278 World Cup runs at a healthy average of 56.95 and no one is even in the vicinity. The now retired Ricky Ponying is second on the list with 1743 World Cup runs.
5) Most Test Matches – The safest of all Sachin records has to be the magical 200 test matches mark. In a sport where reaching 100 test matches puts you in a ‘great’ cricketer category, it seemed unimaginable that anyone could double that. They say longevity is a true test of a champion and by that logic there has been no one greater than Tendulkar.