After the long dry spell of no cricket amidst the Coronavirus pandemic, there was some good news for cricket followers as ICC announced that the West Indies will be taking in England in Test match starting July 8. In fact the West Indies team has already reached the UK and have begun training. In further good news Cricket South Africa have decided that to go ahead with a unique 36 over match which will involve 3 teams in a single match.
RULES FOR THE EXHIBITION MATCH IN CENTURION ON JUNE 27
-3TC (3 Team Cricket) Match will be played between 3 teams. Each team will consist of 8 players. There will be 36 overs (18 overs two halves) in the match with a break at halftime.
– Teams bat for one inning of 12 overs split between two 6-over periods. They face one opponent in the first half and the other opponent in the second half.
– In the first half, teams rotate from batting to bowling to the dugout with the starting positions determined by a draw. In the second half, teams bat in order of the highest scores in the first half. If scores are tied, the first half order is reversed.
– After the fall of the 7th wicket, the last batsman stands alone. However, he can only score in even numbers of runs. If the 7th wicket falls in the first half, the team forfeits the remaining part of that half and the last batsman resumes the innings in the second half.
– Each bowling team has the use of one new ball for their full 12 overs which is used for both opponents. A maximum of three overs per bowler is allowed. An uncompleted overdue to the fall of the 7th wicket is deemed to be completed with dot balls.
– Most runs win Gold, second Silver and third Bronze. If 2 teams tie with most runs, super overs decide Gold; if all 3 teams tie, all get Gold; and, in a tie for second, Silver is shared.
Here are the teams ;
KG’s Kingfishers: Kagiso Rabada (c), Faf du Plessis, Chris Morris, Tabraiz Shamsi, Reeza Hendricks, Janneman Malan, Heinrich Klaasen, Glenton Stuurman
Quinny’s Kites: Quinton de Kock (c), David Miller, Temba Bavuma, Anrich Nortje, Dwayne Pretorius, Beuran Hendricks, JJ Smuts, Lutho Sipamla
AB’s Eagles: AB de Villiers (c), Aiden Markram, Lungi Ngidi, Andile, Phehlukwayo, Rassie van der Dussen, Junior Dala, Kyle Verreynne, Sisanda Magala.